Thursday 9 November 2017

Water Fast Day #8

Thursday – Water Fast Day #8
2:00 PM
Yesterday I had the chance to go 40 minutes to the gym for few laps in the pool. It doesn’t seem much but, when Fasting, is a lot, well at least for me; I know of people exercising and doing strenuous activities even further into a Fast, but I tend to become weaker and weaker with the days, it could be a lack of electrolytes, I’m not 100% sure.
I’m still on day #8 though and my energy level is very good, I really don’t feel that I had no food for a week, except for my arms; they are – as usual – the weaker point in my body. The swimming was nice, I had no breath, maybe for my anxiety but most likely because I’m out of shape, but I want to keep on going, I enjoyed after all.
This morning my weight was exactly as yesterday, not even 1gr less! It might be due to the gym and water retention, I don’t know. I checked my Ketosis and it was good, with a purple Ketostix reporting 80md/dL of ketones in my urine, that’s comforting. I have also a little machine to check my body fat and my BMI, but I don’t think it works very well, it seems just doing a calculation based on my weight and age, not really evaluating my body fat; but I guess it doesn’t hurt keep on monitoring through the Fast.
Yesterday I started to add a bit of lemon juice to my hot water, I’m not drinking too much really so I think it will not impact my fast. But this morning I had a sense of acid feeling in my throat after drinking some hot lemon water, and after having a good 2 cups of it I had to rush to the washroom, I’m guessing this lemon is not really appreciated by my GI tract and it’s rejecting it right away! I’ll try to be more disciplined from now on and stick only with water. This weekend though I’m still with the idea on doing a Dry Fast, the weight loss is way faster and I cannot stress this thing more.
Today I feel that my brain activity is improved, I talk differently, I make more elaborated sentences, even at work; for me this is a sign of being deeply into the Fast, getting all – or almost all – the benefits of abstaining from food. I do miss food though, I guess it is such a big part of our lives, a pleasure that it’s impossible to miss. If someone would tell me that in the future we will feed ourselves with pills, I would be highly disappointed; I love to cook, I love to mix new ingredients and trying new recipes, who doesn’t?!
Talking about food, one thing I’m strictly avoiding at the moment is shopping for food, to save in my pantry. I have enough already and, I know I love to shop, but I should not even think about food for now; my journey is still so long that I would own the entire isle 5 of the grocery store if I keep on buying stuff. Plus, looking at food, watching videos, buying ingredients, it’s unhealthy for me when fasting; it creates a stomach-food-cravings expectation, if that makes any sense; so when I’m done fasting the wolf’s appetite will come and hit me so hard to delete completely all my sacrifices fasting – which I definitely want to avoid this time around. God help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment