Monday 6 November 2017

My prolonged Dry Fast - Day #5


Monday – Dry Fast Day #5
10:30 AM – 108hrs

This morning I was able to check my Ketosis with my new package of Ketostix purchased from amazon; it was a nice purple with large traces of ketones at 80mg/dL – I am happy I’m now fully in ketogenic state. Definitely helps with the hunger and the cravings – disappeared altogether fortunately.
My Dry Fast is proceeding fine, apart from my awful mouth feelings – a terrible staple now in all my fasts – I feel perfectly fine; my tongue is light pink, slightly coated, not much though, I don’t know if it will become worse the more I go into the fast, let’s see.
My sleep is ok so far, I was able to sleep a fair amount of hours in the past 2 nights, not uninterrupted sleep but enough to rest. So far I don’t feel weak, but it’s been just 5 days so I’m not surprised really; maybe I’ll see some lack of strengths in the next week, when more than 10/12 days have passed.
It’s been only a bit more than 100hrs in this Fast but I’d like to remind myself that, although starting a Fast is a really a hard thing to do, it gets easier and easier with the days; the hunger disappears, the cravings are gone, all the benefits of a Fast start to come by, and, what I think is important, the self-esteem tends to come back again; because let’s face it, gaining weight, being overweight and fat does not help the self-confidence in any way. I know we should love ourselves just the way we are, and I do, I don’t really care sometime if I’m fat, but I don’t think we shouldn’t try to get fit, to have a normal healthy weight and help the self-confidence, it is all beneficial after all.
My weight goes down quickly with a Dry Fast, or maybe it is also the syndrome of the first few days’ weight loss. Nevertheless I lost 5.3Kg (11.5lb) in 4.5 days – I wish I could keep this rate till the end of my Fast but it’s not going to happen and, also might not be healthy losing weight so quickly.


1:30 PM – 111hrs
I went downstairs for a walk in the mall during lunch time, the energy levels are good, but dreaming about drinking fresh water, but I’m not thirsty per se.
Today I bought a swimwear, for the swimming pool though, one piece bathing-suit, it was depressing, I look like a sausage in it. I’m thinking to go to swim twice a week; I feel my shoulders lost a lot of muscles during these past years. I used to swim twice a week when I was younger and enjoyed a lot; I hope I can go back into the routine of swimming, slowly maybe. Swimming is an easier workout than a regular intense cardio workout, it involves lots of muscles and being into the water constantly helps with the sweating and skin hydration. It is gentle on muscles, if done properly, so I can set my pace and slowly increase the speed; I only hope my anxiety attacks and difficult breathing won’t give me any problems during the workouts.
I’m thinking on stopping by the gym today after work, to see how long the pool is – hopefully it is at least 25m. I know that I’m dry fasting and I’m not supposed to do any exercise but I want to try and the water seems a good place to start.
Strangely this time around I did not have any headaches whatsoever starting my fast, I thought at least for the sugar withdrawal I would feel something, but no, nothing, that’s good though.
I’m still urinating normally, maybe the quantity is less but the bathroom trips are roughly the same, I woke up in the night too! I think is positive though, it means my body is melting some fat and getting rid of waste.
Another thing that I noticed in all my Dry Fasts is my period; every time I do a Dry Fast my period comes, maybe I didn’t have it for 4 months, but as soon as I start going Dry, it comes! It happens similarly with the Water Fast, but after lots of days in a Water Fast, or not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment