Thursday 2 November 2017

Failing to begin a Fast - I'm trying again

The beginning of a fast is always the hardest one, and personally I usually fail the first couple of attempts before reaching Ketosis. Once I am in a good Ketogenic state, nothing can tempt me really, but this happens after approximately 7/8 days into a Fast.
I know I said I would start my new Fast on November 1st, but after 18hrs of Dry Fasting I gave up and had something to drink, in the evening I had a big supper, but overall only one big meal for the day. It’s so easy for my mind to convince me that one more day won’t make any difference and indulge in food and sugar; I am very weak.
Today I feel more motivated though. Since yesterday I started to check my weight again; I have to admit I cried when I saw the number on the scale, never been so fat and the amount of time I would need to lose all this weight is beyond my estimations.
On the Internet I found various blogs talking about personal Fasting experiences; the number of days of the length of a Fast it usually different for everyone, it can go from few hours up to 100 days. I was reading yesterday about someone completing 92 days fast, impressive, and definitely not common to find online these numbers. It requires lots of patience I can imagine, and fat storage enough to support the body for 3 months. But one thing I learnt from this story, after 3 weeks or so into the fast I should start to take Sodium, Potassium and other supplements for my electrolytes or I will feel too weak to continue over 30 days. This time around I’m aiming for 40/50 days, let’s see how it goes, I will listen to my body….but the number 92 is always in my mind!
I can’t wait for these first few days to go by quickly, because I know that I will feel better once I’m over this period, not that I feel hungry or thirsty but soon I will feel sleepy, I’ll have a headache, I’ll be grumpy, stomach growling, sugar cravings (well those ones never go away!), and my focus on things will be definitely impacted negatively. And I’m only 12hrs into the Dry Fast!
But really, I cannot continue like this, I hate myself everyday a bit more, and not that I care on how I look, I just don’t feel good, I don’t even want people to see me; if I could I will stay home in my bed for 2 weeks….but I have to come to work and deal with everyone here and with my cravings. I hope I’ll be fine this time around; a long journey is in front of me, I pray the Lord to give all the strengths I need to not give up this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment