Wednesday 30 September 2015

Dr. Bernstein injections and nurses

Dr. Bernstein Diet is a strict weight loss program, it works – but it needs to be followed religiously, or it can be an unpleasant experience (due to the extreme food restriction) and costly as well.
For me switching to self-shots option is mostly due to the expenses that I cannot possibly afford anymore, and also is becoming annoying going to the clinic 3 times a week. Some of the nurses there are really dumb, so if they can do an injection: anyone can do it!
Once I was concerning to one of the nurses on my slow weight loss, and the fact that I've hard time to give up my coffee. She explained that coffee is bad for dieting since…."…it expands cells fat in the body"!!  I'm not kidding, that was her answer! So this should give you an idea on how the personnel are trained in those clinics.
Nurses in the Dr. Bernstein clinics are not highly skilled, not even regarding the Strict Diet itself, most of the questions I asked in the past months, were redirected to the doctor…or answered with no clue on what they were saying.
Today I was trying to get as much information as I could regard the injections. I asked the nurse if the B6/B12 ratio in the double injections is the same, she didn't know, she told me that they receive the B-comp like that, so not sure exactly how much of each is in it. However based on my researches, it should be 50/50, no reason not to be that way really.
I also asked the amount of Vitamins I was injected during the Strict Diet (on each double shot taken), she told me – for privacy reason – she was not allowed to tell me how many cc/ml it was, but I can obviously see the syringe and I saw that was at 1ml of dosage.
The needle used is the Insulin short one - I believe is the Needle Insulin Syringe, 3/10mL Syringe -30G x 12.7mm (1/2") – that is what I bought also yesterday, I thought it would be easy for me to use, once I do my first self-injection on Friday. I'm a bit scared of the idea of taking the shots myself, but then again I think on how much money I'm spending, that without the B6/B12 injections I cannot possibly continue this strict Diet (without compromising my health as well as my metabolism), so I must to learn on how to do it, at the end Vitamins B6-12 don't get stored in the body and drinking lots of water helps to get rid of them.
Today I also bought another bottle of Cal-K pills at the clinic ($16), although I'm not going next Friday I needed to have an extra bottle to continue the treatment by myself. Apparently it works in conjunction with the B-shots to boost metabolism and reduce the amount of stored fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment