Thursday 28 August 2014

My first Double Injection

Wednesday is usually weigh-in and injection day for Bernstein Diet, so yesterday I went to the clinic, although not officially on diet, I got double injections, they checked my weight and the ketones in my urine sample.
There were lots of people waiting, I guess after a while you get use to the whole process, which might be annoying eventually.

This is what I'll do for the next weeks – it takes about 15 minutes
  • Go early in the morning to the clinic (Mon, Wed, Fri only) 
  • Sign my ID/name on the sheet and wait for my name to be called 
  • Go on the scale for the weigh-in and wait again for my name to be called 
  • Follow the nurse for the injections and the ketones verification

Double injections hurt, seriously! But fortunately just for few seconds, I'm wondering how would feel on my stomach or when I'll be losing fat from my butt.

I went to do some other grocery shopping yesterday, I bought lots of vegetarian products from Yves, as protein choice they have a lot, plus they were on sale so I was happy for that. The only downside is that I'm not allowed to have those types of processed protein more than twice a week so I might need to figure out what else I could have.

My dinner was nice, I got some mushrooms and 230g (1 serving) is a lot. It was the whole package! So I cooked the mushrooms in the microwave with some oregano, salt, and parsley. After they were cooked I put everything in a pan adding my half cup of white eggs to it…and a pinch of black pepper. 
For me it was a normal meal, didn't feel at all in a food-restriction state.

After dinner I prepared something to bring in the office today, I need to plan it in advance or I'd be late every morning. I'm still in the process of understanding on how prepare my meals, the 4 food categories are clear but – as additional food items – there are lots of garnishments, liquids and seasoning choices for cooking so I will need to get familiar with those portions too.

So far the only challenge I had yesterday was drinking 2+ liters of water! 

No comments:

Post a Comment