Thursday 28 August 2014

Side Effects

It's just a couple of days that I'm in this Dr Bernstein Diet plan but I'm learning every day about it. I did lots of researches before deciding to take this program and I read comments regarding side effects such as: hair loss, period disappearing, headaches and so on. I have to say - I believe it's all true.

Human body is a perfect machine, if something is in an emergency mode, something else will be affected.

Dr Bernstein Diet has a great formula though; it makes you in a starvation-mode so your body will start to use those fat deposits that you so much want to get rid of.

It's normal for anyone's body having side effects when drastically your diet switches to an 800 calories daily intake. All those supplements, as well as the water, help you not to feel the hunger too much. Nobody mentally sane can follow a diet that makes you feel starving all-day-long. The injections – on the other side –should give you the energy that you need to carry forward this type of low-calories regiment.

Since Day 1 I decided to take the Fish Oil they suggest, to avoid any hair loss; I have very sensitive scalp and my hair follow exactly my level of body stress usually – so I'm assuming I'm a candidate at risk for this. I think it's wiser to take the pills anyway, even if you don't have any hair problem so far. The odd thing is that your Multivitamins daily intake will be doubled if you take the Fish Oil. I'm not yet clear why.

For a woman missing her period with this type of diet I think is obviously normal. How the hell your body can even think to have a normal ovulation/pregnancy when it's fighting to survive itself?!

Today I don't quite feel myself, nothing major of course, but I'm dizzy often when I walk to go to the washroom, and my energy is a bit low today. Again, I don't think is because of the food, I spent days in the past working like crazy without having time to eat anything but still feeling with lots of energy. I'm sure it's for my supplements and I still have 5 pills left to take for the day! It definitely put you down but I hope it will get better with the days.


Overall it's a strict diet and I am definitely not worried about how I'll manage such little food intake as opposite I'm wondering on how these side effects can impact, on a long term,  my body health.

1 comment:

  1. A poor or bad diet greatly affects your hair and scalp. It can cause your hair dry. Take more water and protein to make your hair healthy and long. Hair loss problem can lead to the loss of confidence.

    ReplyDelete