Friday 29 August 2014

Bernstein Diet - Day 2

Today I went to the clinic (with my urine sample) for my double shot injection and the weigh-in. So far I lost 1.8 lbs – of course… I'm not eating anything - but the positive part is that my ketones are good (dark strip) so I'm burning fat and not muscles.

I mentioned my side effects to the nurse and she told me that could be due to my lower sugar intake, now I've to take 2 additional pills of Potassium and see how my energy level changes. Hopefully I'll feel more energetic with these 2 extra pills, last night I went to bed at 9pm!

Next appointment will be on Tuesday since Monday is holiday here. I'll have a single shot on Tuesday and again in on Wednesday for a double shot. Both days I'll need to bring with me my urine samples, apparently the Monday one is the most relevant. I started to have a sort of discomfort/pain to my back since yesterday; it seems that the muscles at the base of my neck and down are getting tired almost instantly, when I sit on my chair in the office. It might be due to something else, I don't know but I'm definitely not feeling myself in the past 2 days or so!

Today the nurse suggested me to buy some tofu noodles that are in the Bernstein Food List. The noodles are a lot and can be prepared with anything else to add flavour. I might give it a try and see if it helps my hunger, which I still have so far, although not crazy but there.


During the evening I'm reading the recipe book that they gave me, it's pretty good and I may try the French toast one with strawberries. Somehow all the ingredients are the same, as well as the quantities so it becomes very easy to find in your fridge whatever you need to execute a recipe, so I'll say go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment